General Website Cookies
Measuring Website Usage – Google Analytics
Description of Cookie
Setting the Scope of Your Site Content
Because any cookie read/write access is restricted by a combination of the cookie name and its domain, default visitor tracking via Google Analytics is confined to the domain of the page on which the tracking code is installed. For the most common scenario where the tracking code is installed on a single domain (and no other sub-domains), the generic setup is correct. In other situations where you wish to track content across domains or sub-domains, or restrict tracking to a smaller section of a single domain, you use additional methods in the tracking code to define content scope. See Domains & Directories in the Collection API document for details.
Determining Visitor Session
The Google Analytics tracking for uses two cookies to establish a session. If either of these two cookies are absent, further activity by the user initiates the start of a new session. See the Session article in the Help Center for a detailed definition and a list of scenarios that end a session. You can customize the length of the default session time using the _setSessionCookieTimeout()method.
This description is specific to the tracking code for web pages. If you use Analytics tracking for other environments—such as Flash or mobile—you should check the documentation for those environments to learn how sessions are calculated or established.
Identifying Unique Visitors
Each unique browser that visits a page on your site is provided with a unique ID via the cookie. In this way, subsequent visits to your website via the same browser are recorded as belonging to the same (unique) visitor. Thus, if a person interacted with your website using both Firefox and Internet Explorer, the Analytics reports would track this activity under two unique visitors. Similarly if the same browser were used by two different visitors, but with a separate computer account for each, the activity would be recorded under two unique visitor IDs. On the other hand, if the browser happens to be used by two different people sharing the same computer account, one unique visitor ID is recorded, even though two unique individuals accessed the site.
Tracking Traffic Sources & Navigation
When visitors reach your site via a search engine result, a direct link, or an ad that links to your page, Google Analytics stores the type of referral information in a cookie. The parameters in the cookie value string are parsed and sent in the GIF Request (in the variable). The expiration date for the cookie is set as 6 months into the future. This cookie gets updated with each subsequent page view to your site; thus it is used to determine visitor navigation within your site.
You can define your own segments for reporting on your particular data. When you use the
_setCustomVar()method in your tracking code to define custom variables, Google Analytics uses this cookie to track and report on that information. In a typical use case, you might use this method to segment your website visitors by a custom demographic that they select on your website (income, age range, product preferences).
You can use Google Analytics with Google Website Optimizer (GWO), which is a tool that helps determine the most effective design for your site. When a website optimizer script executes on your page, a cookie is written to the browser and its value is sent to Google Analytics. See the Website Optimizer Help Center for more information.
Cookies set by Google Analytics
This cookie is typically written to the browser upon the first visit to your site from that web browser. If the cookie has been deleted by the browser operator, and the browser subsequently visits your site, a new __utma cookie is written with a different unique ID. This cookie is used to determine unique visitors to your site and it is updated with each page view. Additionally, this cookie is provided with a unique ID that Google Analytics uses to ensure both the validity and accessibility of the cookie as an extra security measure.
2 years from set/update.
This cookie is used to establish and continue a user session with your site. When a user views a page on your site, the Google Analytics code attempts to update this cookie. If it does not find the cookie, a new one is written and a new session is established. Each time a user visits a different page on your site, this cookie is updated to expire in 30 minutes, thus continuing a single session for as long as user activity continues within 30-minute intervals. This cookie expires when a user pauses on a page on your site for longer than 30 minutes. You can modify the default length of a user session with the_setSessionCookieTimeout()method.
30 minutes from set/update.
This cookie is no longer used by the ga.js tracking code to determine session status.
Historically, this cookie operated in conjunction with the __utmb cookie to determine whether or not to establish a new session for the user. For backwards compatibility purposes with sites still using the urchin.js tracking code, this cookie will continue to be written and will expire when the user exits the browser. However, if you are debugging your site tracking and you use the ga.js tracking code, you should not interpret the existence of this cookie in relation to a new or expired session.
This cookie stores the type of referral used by the visitor to reach your site, whether via a direct method, a referring link, a website search, or a campaign such as an ad or an email link. It is used to calculate search engine traffic, ad campaigns and page navigation within your own site. The cookie is updated with each page view to your site.
6 months from set/update.
This cookie is not normally present in a default configuration of the tracking code. The __utmv cookie passes the information provided via the _setVar()method, which you use to create a custom user segment. This string is then passed to the Analytics servers in the GIF request URL via the parameter. This cookie is only written if you have added the _setVar() method for the tracking code on your website page.
2 years from set/update.
This cookie is used by Website Optimizer and only set when the Website Optimizer tracking code is installed and correctly configured for your pages. When the optimizer script executes, this cookie stores the variation this visitor is assigned to for each experiment, so the visitor has a consistent experience on your site. See the Website Optimizer Help Center for more information.
2 years from set/update.
This is the official accessibility policy for Honda of Bournemouth. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to email us at email@example.com.
Most browsers support jumping to specific links by typing keys defined on the web site. On Windows, you can press ALT + an access key; on Macintosh, you can press CTRL + an access key.
The access keys used on this site are designed to be as standardised as possible and are based on the recommendations of the UK Government.
- Access key s - Skip Navigation
- Access key 1 - Home page
- Access key 3 - Site map
- Access key 4 - Search
- Access key 8 - Terms & Conditions
- Access key 9 - Contact us
- Access key 0 - Accessibility statement
- All pages on this site are WCAG AA approved, complying wih all priority 1 and 2 guidelines of the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines. Again, this is a judgement call; many guidelines are intentionally vague and can not be tested automatically. This site has been reviewed and it is believed that all these pages are in compliance.
- All pages on this site are Section 508 approved, complying with all of the U.S. Federal Government Section 508 Guidelines. Again, a judgement call. This site has been reviewed and it is believed that all these pages are in compliance.
- All pages on this site validate as XHTML 1.0 Strict. This is not a judgement call; a program can determine with 100% accuracy whether a page is valid XHTML. For example, check the home page for XHTML validity.
- This site uses only relative font sizes, compatible with the user-specified "text size" option in visual browsers. For those using Internet Explorer, go to View > Text Size > and select your desired size. For Firefox users, simply hold the CTRL button and press + or - to increase or decrease the size.
- Many links have title attributes which describe the link in greater detail, unless the text of the link already fully describes the target (such as the headline of an article).
- Links are written to make sense out of context.
- This site uses cascading style sheets for visual layout, and semantic XHTML for structure.
- If your browser or browsing device does not support style sheets at all, the content of each page is still readable.
- All images used in this site include descriptive ALT attributes. Purely decorative graphics include null ALT attributes.
- Complex images include LONGDESC attributes or inline descriptions to explain the significance of each image to non-visual readers.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 ('the Act'), the data controller is Honda of Bournemouth, located at:
5b Leylnd Road, Poole, Dorset, BH12 5HB.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Contact details that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.hondaofbournemouth.co.uk, including information provided when you:
- subscribe to receive one of our e-communications;
- order a brochure;
- book a test ride;
- register a product or change your vehicle ownership details;
- enquire about a specific product;
- request a call back;
- respond to a campaign;
- enter a competition or promotion;
- submit a question to us or provide us with feedback.
- Details of your visits to our site including but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access.
You are provided with an opportunity to opt out from receiving communications from us or our partners at the time that your details are submitted and on each occasion that you are contacted thereafter.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Where we store your personal data
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing in this way.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To provide you with information about our products, services, offers or technical developments that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- To contact you regarding your opinions on our products and services which may be used for marketing, research and analysis, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone.
We, or selected third parties, will only contact you by electronic means if you have consented to this.
Choice / opt-in and opt-out
You will be given the opportunity to opt-in or opt-out to having your contact details used as set out above, at the time your details are submitted.
For example, when you order a brochure, you can tell us when you provide your details if you do not want to receive any other information from Honda or our partners, or you can let us know how best to get in touch with you with information that may be of interest.
If you do not want us to use your data as set out above, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant boxes situated on the form on which we collect your data.
If you no longer wish to receive email or other promotional materials from us, you may opt-out of receiving these communications at any time by one of the following methods:
- by replying to the email with ‘unsubscribe’ in the subject line;
- by using the opt out boxes on the response form and submitting it;
- by writing to the Database Manager, Honda of Bournemouth, 5b Leyland Road, Poole, Dorset, BH12 5HB.
- by calling us on 01202 541220.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal data to, authorised repairers or third parties working on behalf of Honda of Bournemouth.
Fake emails using Honda's name
Honda of Bournemouth is aware of fake emails, popularly called "phishing" emails which can contain notices such as job advertisements, job offers and competition award notifications. These emails use Honda’s name to pretend they are genuine and exist solely for the purpose of obtaining private information about consumers (e.g. credit card numbers or passwords). These emails have no connection with Honda and Honda does not use these methods for job advertising or for communicating with competition winners.
Unfortunately these fake emails are a growing fraud on the internet. This practice is carried out either by the sending of a bogus email directly to a victim, or by directing them to a website where personal information is requested.
Fake job offers tend to target overseas individuals, as they ask for money to be sent to them for UK visa purposes. Honda of Bournemouth never requests payments details in association with any job applications or any communication related to them. If in any doubt about the validity of a recruitment offer, please contact Human Resources, Honda of Bournemouth, 5b Leyland Road, Poole, Dorset, BH12 5HB.
Recent email award notifications have purported to be from Honda. Honda never requests payment details in association with competition winners or any communication related to them.
Honda of Bournemouth advises that if you receive an email using Honda of Bournemouth’s name that asks for personal information or financial information and you have concerns about its authenticity, then please treat such emails with extreme caution.
Correcting / updating / accessing personal information
If your personal information changes (such as post code, email address, etc.), or if we have inaccurate information, we will endeavour to correct, update or remove your personal information from our database. To notify us of a change or inaccuracy, you can advise us using our Update your Details form or by calling us on 01202 541220.
Subject access requests
If you would like to access the personal information that Honda of Bournemouth holds about you, please write to us at Honda of Bournemouth, 5b Leyland Road, Poole, Dorset, BH12 5HB for the attention of Stuart August.
Links to third party sites
Notification of changes
Website Terms & Conditions
- ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
- Your access to and use of www.hondaofbournemouth.co.uk ("the Website") and any Services referred to in Clause 2, is subject exclusively to these Terms and Conditions. You will not use the Website for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms and Conditions. By using the Website you are fully accepting the terms, conditions and disclaimers contained in this notice. If you do not accept these Terms and Conditions you must immediately stop using this Website.
- We reserve the right to update or amend these Terms and Conditions at any time and your continued use of the Website following any changes shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change. It is therefore your responsibility to check the Terms and Conditions regularly for any changes.
- THE SERVICES
- The Website may provide communication tools such as email, bulletin boards, chat areas, news groups, forums and/or other message or communication facilities ("the Services") designed to enable you to communicate with others. Unless stated otherwise the Services are for your personal and non-commercial use only.
- CHILD SUPERVISION
- We are concerned about the safety and privacy of our users, particularly children. Parents who wish to allow their children access to and use of the Website/Services should supervise such access and use. By allowing your child access to the Services you are allowing your child access to all of the Services, including email, bulletin boards, chat areas, news groups, forums and/or other message or communication facilities. It is therefore your responsibility to determine which Services are appropriate for your child. Always use caution when revealing personally identifiable information about yourself or your children via any of the Services.
- We are committed to responsible data management and subscribe to the principals of the data protection legislation in the United Kingdom. We are committed to maintaining the privacy of our users and maintaining the security of any personal information received from you. If you register for any of the Services you will be asked to provide basic personal information. The information provided by you is not available for sale or use by third parties. The information is used solely for notifying you of changes or updates to the Website/Services.
- USER ACCOUNT, PASSWORD AND SECURITY
- If a particular Service requires you to open an account you will be required to complete the registration process by providing certain information and registering a username and password for use with that Service. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the username and password and also for all activities which take place under your account. You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorised use of your password or account or any other breach of security. In no event will www.hondaofbournemouth.co.uk be liable for any indirect or consequential loss or damage whatsoever resulting from the disclosure of your username and/or password. You may not use another person´s account at any time, without the express permission of the account holder.
- ACCEPTABLE USE
- You acknowledge that all information, text, graphics, logos, photographs, images, moving images, sound, illustrations and other materials ("the Content"), whether posted publicly or transmitted privately, are the sole responsibility of the person from whom such Content originated. We do not control or endorse the Content and cannot guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Content and you acknowledge that by using the Services you may be exposed to Content that is offensive and/or indecent.www.hondaofbournemouth.co.uk will not be liable in any way for any Content or for any loss or damage of any kind resulting from the use of any Content transmitted via the Services and you agree to bear all risks associated with the use of any Content, including any reliance on the accuracy or completeness of such Content.
- In using the Webiste/Services you agree not to:
- use the Services to send junk email, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes or any other unsolicited messages, commercial or otherwise;
- post, publish, distribute or disseminate material or information that is defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent, threatening, abusive, harassing or unlawful;
- post, publish, distribute or disseminate material or information that incites discrimination, hate or violence towards any person or group on account of their race, religion, disability, nationality or otherwise;
- threaten, abuse, disrupt, stalk or otherwise violate the legal rights (including rights of privacy and publicity) of others;
- use any information or material in any manner that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent or other proprietary right of any party;
- make available or upload files that contain a virus, worm, Trojan or corrupt data that may damage the operation of the computer or property of another;
- collect or store personal information about others, including email addresses;
- advertise or offer to buy or sell goods or services for any commercial purpose, unless such communication facility specifically allows such messages;
- impersonate any person or entity for the purpose of misleading others;
- violate any applicable laws or regulations;
- use the Website/Services in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair the Website/Services or interfere with any other party´s use and enjoyment of the Website/Services;
- post, publish, distribute or disseminate material or information that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information or confidential information disclosed in the course of employment or under a confidentiality agreement);
- attempt to gain unauthorised access to any of the Services, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Website/Services through hacking, password mining or any other means.
- We have no obligation to monitor the Services but shall be entitled to review materials posted to a communications facility and, at our sole discretion, to remove any material that breaches these Terms and Conditions or is otherwise objectionable.
- We have the right to terminate your access to any or all of the Services at any time, without notice, for any reason, including without limitation, breach of these Terms and Conditions. We may also at any time, at our sole discretion, discontinue the Website/Services or any part thereof without prior notice and you agree that we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any termination of your access to the Website/Services.
- LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
- The Website/Services may include links to third party websites that are controlled and maintained by others. Any link to other websites is not an endorsement of such websites and you acknowledge and agree that www.hondaofbournemouth.co.uk is not responsible for the content or availability of any such sites.
- INTERNATIONAL USE
- You agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United Kingdom or the country in which you reside (if different) and with all local laws and rules regarding acceptable use of and conduct on the Internet.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- The Website and its content (including without limitation the Website design, text, graphics and all software and source codes connected with the Website and the Services) are protected by copyright, trade marks, patents and other intellectual property rights and laws. In accessing the Website you agree that you will access the contents solely for your personal, non-commercial use. None of the content may be downloaded, copied, reproduced, transmitted, stored, sold or distributed without the prior written consent of the copyright holder. This excludes the downloading, copying and/or printing of pages of the Website for personal, non-commercial home use only.
- www.hondaofbournemouth.co.ukdoes not claim ownership of any materials you post, upload or submit to any publicly accessible area of the Services. However, by doing so you are granting us a world-wide, royalty free, non-exclusive licence to copy, distribute, transmit, reproduce, publicly display, edit, translate or publish such Content for as long as you elect to display such Content via the Services. The licence shall be terminated when such Content is deleted from the Services.
- You agree to indemnify and hold www.hondaofbournemouth.co.uk harmless from and against any breach by you of these Terms and Conditions and any claim or demand brought against www.nealtraining.com by any third party arising out of your use of the Services and/or any Content submitted, posted or transmitted through the Services, including without limitation, all claims, actions, proceedings, losses, liabilities, damages, costs, expenses (including reasonable legal costs and expenses) howsoever suffered or incurred by www.nealtraining.com in consequence of your breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- Use of the Website/Services is at your own risk. The Website/Services are provided on an "AS IS" and "AS AVAILABLE" basis without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
- To the extent permitted by law, www.hondaofbournemouth.co.uk will not be liable for any indirect or consequential loss or damage whatsoever (including without limitation loss of business, opportunity, data, profits) arising out of or in connection with the use of the Website/Services.
- www.hondaofbournemouth.co.uk makes no warranty that the Website/Services will meet your requirements, that Content will be accurate or reliable, that the functionality of the Website/Services will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected or that the Website/Services or the server that makes them available are free of viruses or anything else which may be harmful or destructive.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall be construed so as to exclude or limit the liability of www.nealtraining.com for death or personal injury as a result of the negligence of www.hondaofbournemouth.co.uk.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
- If any of these Terms and Conditions should be determined to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason by any court of competent jurisdiction then such Term or Condition shall be severed and the remaining Terms and Conditions shall survive and remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
- GOVERNING LAW
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and you hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.